As we have previously noted, we are incredibly excited to have been nominated as one of the roleplaying games indistry’s Best Blogs by the judge’s committee for the Gen Con EN World RPG Awards (the ENnies) this year. This is, to coin a phrase, kind of a big deal. Voting for the awards has now opened, which means you now have the opportunity to show your support for this blog — and things like our weekly Twitter #RPGChat — by heading over to the ENnies site to vote the blog NUMBER ONE (1) in the BEST BLOG category.
For those of you who don’t already know, the ENnie Awards announced at Gen Con every year come out of a three-stage system: entry, nomination, and fan-voting. Every product, blog, and podcast you see nominated (and many you don’t) were submitted in either hard copy or digital format to 5 fan-elected judges, who then read, listen to, or otherwise use the entries throughout the year to determine the five best exemplars of any given category. Those nominations are then presented to the gaming Internet and its wider social network, which then votes on the entries to determine a winner. We want to be that winner! (For BEST BLOG, anyway.)
In fact, if we DO win, we’ll record our Gen Con Seminar (SEM1347133 “Making History: Alternate Timelines, Secret Yesterdays, and Your Game”) and post it here for your download and listening pleasure after the con. And maybe something even crazier and more awesome. No promises.
So, dear readers, mind-slaves, and other minions: this is what we need you to do…
1. Have a device that connects to the Internet
2. Open a web browser on said device.
3. Point that web browser to www.ennie-awards.com/vote/
4. Scroll to the BEST BLOG category.
5. Rank The Illuminerdy as #1.
6. Vote in other categories as you feel appropriate (we can give you advice on what’s awesome).
7. Submit your vote.
8. Tell all sentient beings in your social radius to do the same. This includes friends, relatives, coven members, etc. Publicity is the key!
We cannot thank you enough for all your support. But the subliminal messages will continue so we won’t have to. You’ve already made this a great year for the Illuminerdy. Let’s make it EVEN BETTER.