Last week, I had the pleasure of playtesting @Rolling20s‘ (aka Tracy) new game School Daze.
It would be hard to have a bad game with the players at our virtual table: @GeekyLyndsay (aka Lyndsay), @cadorette (aka Tom), and me. We played off of each other really well. (Read about the playtest and check the audio here.)
ANYWAY. The details:
- The game itself is a rules light, super flexible, narrative-driven explosion of high school drama and hilarity.
- The mechanics are simple (roll a d6+modifiers; 5 or higher is a success!).
- Modifiers are determined by your favorite subject and your ranks (which are all words that rhyme with rank – for example, ranks in lank, tank, clank, etc.).
- The scenario we played was THE WEEK BEFORE PROM. So much drama!
- Everyone has a different goal. A person they wanted to take to prom. A way out of the drudgery of a small down.